OUTREACH REPORT, 7/25/2026 Chili dog bbq at Lowes parking lot.
TEAM MEMBERS
Korey, Steve, Peggy, Daniel D., Dan Y., Randy, Colleen, Raymond, Vangie, Don, Jim, Tomar, Mike, Fernando, Joshua, Doreen, Denise and Linda.
We decided in our last meeting to show up earlier than our usual time. So 10:30 was the time to be at church. I, (Linda) got there at 9:15 am to get prepared by assembling the clothes and shoes needed to be brought to the van. Bob gave me some boxes for containers.Then he headed back up to the kitchen.
10:47 am
We worked together putting the tables, canopy, grill, food, beverages, kool-aid container, water bottles in ice, extra cases of water, clothes, and essentials in the van. We also used the back of my car for the half that didn't fit in the van, also I had the dog and cat food. Everything was very organized.
We are blessed to have Tomar grill the hot dogs. This was his 2nd time out with us. His wife, Rebekah, had helped organise the cage earlier in the week with Bob, Steve and myself. She had to be at a sporting event for their daughter this day.
Bob was needed in the kitchen and was unable to attend, but gave us a special sanitation bottle and towels for the tables this mission. Bob prayed for us to reach hearts in Jesus Name and bless those served.
It was also honorable Colleen could come, she took pictures on another outreach.These pictures are taken and put with our Blog. She also prepares the resources lists of places that are needed for our 'friend's', places to go into, for detox and treatment.
Vangie stayed up half the nite preparing delicious home made chili and scones, for our expected feed of 100 people. Vangie & Peggy shopped on the 22nd & bought containers, forks, bowls, cups and all other needed items for our event. How wonderful it was to see Mike, Fernando, Joshua, and Doreen attend. Special shout out of thanks to Rachel, Pastor Jared's wife for making the hygiene kits for us!
11:47 am
We then got into our Prayer circle. Chris ( Security for NWC) was present, as Pastor Scott led us into prayer. Romans 8:14 "For those who are led by the spirit of God, are the children of God." We praised God and thanked Him again, for yet another time He's giving us harvesting to sowing more seeds through Him. AMEN.
We proceeded to load up and go to our destination after prayer. Pastor Scott asked God to keep us safe, going, and coming back.
Lowe's Store: 240TH S. PACIFIC HWY PARKING LOT.
12:17 pm
Vangie and Don got there first. We parked by them, and set the road cones about 75 feet away from each other. We had some yellow & red tape that Don used for the perimeter. Afterwards, our other van arrived, and it was the one with our team inside. We all started setting up for our outreach. It was a nice surprise to see Steve's wife, Denise, show up. Vangie grilled the hot dogs until set up was done, then Tomar took over.
Our friend's began to come 2 and three at a time. They formed a line, and were served the chili dogs and chips. Then they moved down the line and received a drink and a scone. Afterwards, they came to the van in which, I, (Linda) helped them with clothes, a hygiene kit, socks, shoes and prayer if wanted.
We had 4 Bibles, Colleen got one, and one given to Randy for someone who he prayed with. Athough I was unable to get this individuals name. I had seen Randy and Doreen praying with him. Later, Randy stated it was for 'Salvation.' There was alot going on. Don, Raymond and Jim helped keep the grounds clean.
12:30 pm
I missed 2 individuals that had prayer from some of the team.
Tony recieved food, a hygiene kit, and some pants .
Gared recieved food, and a hygiene kit,.
Guadalupe' received food and prayer with Fernando and Joshua, given a hygiene kit, shirt and pants.
Manuel received food and a pair of white sneakers, also spoke with Korey about his life and received prayer.
Padowel was given food, a shirt and socks. He wanted prayer for healing.
Jose' wanted a T- shirt and pants. He had come straight to me, so I reminded him to get food and drink. He did not want prayer.
I noticed a few people were not asking for prayer so we offered to pray with them.
Estame' didn't speak English and requesed items to wear. I found him a shirt, a hygiene kit and socks.
M, is what he wanted to be called. I knew he had more than that for his real name. But, out of respect for him, I called him M. He got a couple of shirts, socks, and a hygiene kit. He had already been served some food. No prayer.
Manuel was given food, shorts, shirt, hygiene kit, socks, and a pair of shoes.
Noel was prayed for by a team member before he reached me. When I asked him about prayer, he said "prayer already." I found him a pair of shoes and essentials.
Sharon was given food, a pair of crocks, a hygiene kit, and socks.
Lavandria was given a pair of crocks, a hygiene kit and socks.
Unknown Name Female came to me and said all of her things were taken and she had nothing. I gave her what would fit including a bra and essentials.
Juan was given prayer by Joshua. He also received food and essentials.
Deandre' and Korey conversed about current things going on with Deandre'. Korey had rapport with Deandre'. He did not stay long, he was on his bike. He received food, a shirt, a hygiene kit, and socks. I had a line of friends waiting to be served. I believe Korey prayed with Deandre'.
Doreen came over to help me with finding things for our 'friends' in line.
George is a black older man, who had received food for 2 people, and almost dropped some of it. I called him, waving a bag, and ran it over to him before anything fell. He said he was on his way to his car.
2:30 pm
Mary is another woman that had no clothes. I prayed healing for her. She was able to get a few things needed from our clothing items with a hygiene kit. She had already received food and beverages.
Mylyn needed a top and whatever we had in her size. We didn't have many items that were extra large, however, we were able to find a shirt to fit her, a hygiene kit and socks.
Lindsey received a hygiene kit. She was holding another bag with her food and water inside of it. She received prayer from Peggy.
Shampel is someone I've known for a few years. She stated that she isn't homeless, and just wanted to see who we were. She stated that she got off the bus when she saw us giving out food, and wanted to see who we were. She stated she has a busness that is a painting company in another state. I do not know what Daniel D. and she talked about. I've prayed for God to keep blessing her.
Benjamin was prayed for by Randy, for wife's dad's healing, and for provision. He is not homeless, and only wanted prayer.
Matthew received food, socks, and a hygiene kit. He was prayed for by Dan Y.
Kelly wanted prayer. He was homeless about 4 years ago, got blessed with an apartment and a Brendal, his dog, Bruno. I prayed for him to continue keeping his place, and to stay strong, clean & sober in the name of Jesus. He had come with one of his buddies that was conversing with 2 team members.
Ryan came with Kelly. He was in a deep conversation with Joshua and Fernando for quite awhile and they prayed for him.
Dollian received food, water, a hygiene kit and socks.
Cobriel received food, essentials and a hygiene kit.
Dominique received food, beverages and a hygiene kit. He was prayed for by Jim.
Shelby received food, beverages and a hygiene kit. Prayed for her, by Peggy.
Anthony (Tone) was given a jacket, food, beverages and a hoody.
Rachel received food, beverages and a hygiene kit.
3:30 pm
Eliana (Red) was led into the sinners prayer by Randy & Doreen, prayed for salvation and given a Bible.
Terry was prayed for by a team member. He was given food, beverages, a hygiene kit and socks.
Juan received food, beverages, a hygiene kit and socks.
Dorian requested prayer because she and her three children had been abused by the man she was living with. Fernando prayed for her safety and to be able to find a stable place of living for her and the children. It's really hard to break away from an abusive boyfriend or husband when you have nothing, and they're paying for everything. May God give her the resources she needs to break free.
Angel was prayed for by Randy, and received food, beverages, and essentials.
Kayla was prayed for by Joshua, Doreen and Linda. Received food, beverages, and essentials.
Scott prayed for Salvation by Don and Mike. He's given his life to Jesus. May He stay Blessed and the Holy Spirit keep him.
Shawna was prayed for by Peggy, received food, beverages and a hygiene kit.
Amanda received double food, beverages, and a hygiene kit. She also wanted another bag of essentials to take back to her building to another person.
Cindy is in a wheelchair and remembered Doreen and I from when we spoke briefly to her at the previous outreach. She received prayer for healing, food, beverages and a hygiene kit.
Tim stated his children are in Colorado, and he misses them. He didn't say how he got to Washington and became homeless, but needed prayer. He received prayer, food, beverages and a hygiene kit.
Jamaica conversed with Korey and received prayer. He may have received food.
Robin was on a scooter. She got a sweat shirt, food and water, did not want prayer.
There were at least 5 people that I missed getting names from. They had already been served by the team.
LOWES MANAGEMENT
The Management of Lowes came out to the parking lot twice, to see our progress. It was clean, and tidy. Randy and Steve spoker with him,and they prayed together.
I, (Linda) took a picture of them.
Don kept all the papers and trash picked up the entire time we were there.
4:00 pm
After we stopped serving food and everything was cleaned and packed, we proceeded back to NWC.
4:15 pm
We arrived back at NW Church and sat in the gym to debrief. Korey thanked all who showed up to make this happen and prayed for us. Then he announced it was ok for anyone to who needed to leave to do so, with with thanks to all that could stay to debrief outreach.
We felt like this was a great outcome. We had enough food for everyone, gave prayer for those that needed it and wanted it. We welcomed them with open arms and hearts. This outreach was so fruitful. Everyone put their hearts in this to let our 'friends' feel our love and care through Christ for them. We are a strong team, getting stronger with every outreach. A special thanks to all of you, even those who could not attend.
Our next Prayer Potluck Outreach Meeting is September 5, 2026 from 1 to 4 pm at Randy and Colleen’s house.
Outreach Impact
Total Served: 49
Salvation: 3
Rededication:
Pray For Deliverances:
Prayer For Healing: 3
Holy Spirit Baptisms:
Responses To God: 49
Romans 8:14: For those who are led by the spirit of God are the children of God.
Ephesians 4:30: And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you're sealed for the day of redemption.
Isaiah 60: 22: At the right time I, the Lord will make it happen. Keep the faith. God can do anything for anyone at anytime, even when it seems impossible.
Team Debrief sharing:
Randy: The most impactful event for me was leading Red through a salvation prayer, and then I shared a lot of my spiritual journey with her. I shared what I believed she would go through with the Lord, and how he would enter into her life and lead her. Then I searched for a Bible for her. She was very interested in reading the Bible, and I picked out a couple of my favorite chapters, John and Romans, my go-to recommendations. She was very fired up about it. I want to thank Doreen, for she brought me in prayer with her and it was special.
The other person was Derek who I also led in salvation prayer. It's such a gift to be able to share the Gospel and for it to be received like that. It's what we all strive for.
Lauren: The most impactful moment for me today was meeting the mother of Jonathan. Her name is Conscious, and she's the mother of Jonathan, who I met at Lowe's last month. Jonathan really touched my heart, and so to make the connections and to meet the family and just feel connected to the same people.That was really cool.
Steve: I think what was really cool was how the people of the apartments were so receptive at telling everybody in the apartments that we were up there by the Lowe's. It was really cool.
Peggy: What was so impactful was watching the team and how everybody just stepped in and stepped out and did what needed to be done without a lot of instruction, and how God just worked through everybody.
Doreen: The most impactful moment was when I prayed for Red and was engaged with Randy for leading Red to salvation. That was very special. And the next thing, I got left out of the service, and I had to find a way to go to catch them at Lowe's because the enemy did not want me to go, but he's defeated.
Jim: I think it was neat to see everybody sharing Christ with people, witnessing in some fashion to people. And I think that really was the essence of a team, a go team.
Tomar: This is my first mission. So it was really great to see the Lord moving through different people in different ways. And one of the ways that He moved through me was I was able to be kind of the front line, kind of break the ice, and then allow the Spirit to flow through the rest of the team to help our fellow members.
Mike: The most impactful thing for me was getting to lead a young guy, I think his name was Oscar, to the Lord, and he's very receptive.
Linda: My most impactful moment was to be able to pray for somebody and be able to remember names and who was prayed for and everything for the report of the whole team. Also, what impacted me was how the team has gifts. All of them have different gifts. I watched them use them today.
Dan: I really liked how there were people from the low-income housing place who were there.A lot of them came. And I ended up meeting two guys who really had everybody else on their mind. They were from a Christian background. I don't know if they were practicing totally, but they were still praying.They were open to my prayer. And it was just fun to see people caring about people.
Donald: What impacted me the most is the teamwork and how we were received by the people we were serving, and to see God moving through not only us but the people we were serving. They were really appreciative of what we were doing.It's the first time at this location, and with all the preconceived ideas of how it was going to go, it went totally the other way. It was smooth and a lot of unity.
Vangie: I really appreciate everybody, how things flowed and the anointing that each one of us has. I see God's hand in everyone, and the gifts of each one of us are so magnified. And through this, we are able to share it to the people and got the taste of how God loves us. Thank you.
Cory: I got to see an old friend that I grew up with, Deandre. I've seen him at different moments in his life outside of high school, where he's been at a crossroads, where he's had to make choices, and most of the time they've led down a certain path that was not good. Today he just acknowledged that and was wondering what, he really wants to get his life on track. And so it was just cool to share that conversation with him.
And then the other part would just be to see how amazing the Lord has been to bless us and Northwest Church with such an amazing team, and to see His hand moving in and through everybody, to just look around and see everybody engaged in a conversation and representing Christ so well, and to see the love of God flowing through every single person. It's just beautiful.
Dan 2: I was able to talk with one guy. He was not going to church. His memory was that he was dragged to church by his mother, basically against his will. And so he really didn't want to have anything to do with it. I was able to share the Gospel and remind him that Jesus doesn't force you to do anything. He leaves it up to you. I think that really impacted him because he started thinking, "Okay, I got the choice." And so hopefully that'll lead him back to Jesus again.































Comments
Post a Comment