At 11:56 A.M. Monday, February 2, 2026, a woman named J called Korey wanting to go into a detox program. Our Northwest Church Outreach Team met and ministered to J during our 1/17/2026 outreach, where Peggy Paul had prayed for her and gave her my number if she wanted help getting into a detox. J has been living in her car with her 6-year-old daughter for the last 4-5 months. However, she was having some legal issues, and her daughter was given into her grandmother's care. J’s motivation for getting clean is so she can be with her daughter.
Once I got hold of J, I began calling around to different facilities for availability. South Sound Behavioral Hospital in Lacey was the only facility that answered, had multiple beds open, and took state health insurance. Linda and I met J in Olympia and drove her to the Lacey detox. Linda was so helpful and did such a great job talking and ministering to J.
While at detox, J mentioned wanting some food but forgetting to grab her debit card. I offered to buy her and Linda food, and while leaving, I felt prompted to ask the two other guys sitting in the lobby if they wanted anything from Arby’s. One of the guys said, “Only if you’re buying,” to which I said, “Of course”. So, after getting the food, going back and delivering the food to everyone (and praying over the food before getting there), we ate and decided it was safe to leave J there because her motivation for detox was strong and the wait was likely going to be 2 ½ hours.
As we were leaving, I asked the two guys if they needed prayer for anything. T said yes and that he believed in the power of prayer. So I asked him what he was hoping for, and he explained some of his situation. Before praying, I felt led to asked T who Jesus was to him, and T confessed Jesus as Lord and Savior, and knew that He died for his sins. Hallelujah! Linda and I prayed for T, and as we prayed, I could sense the manifest presence of God meet us right there. I could tell God had touched T by the tears that were in his eyes once we finished praying.
Then, I asked the other man, (also T), what he wanted prayer for. He began telling us about his struggles with suicide, self-harm, his father's death, and his wrestle with the grace of God and surrender. I shared some of my testimony about how I struggled with suicide, loneliness, and cried out to God to meet me where I was. I told him that God met me and delivered me from those things, and if He did that for me, then He can do it for him (Shout out Pastor Jared). Then Linda and I prayed for him, his deliverance, his surrender, and for God to meet him where he was. Again, I could sense the manifest presence of God surrounding us in that moment, and I know God will take whatever seeds were planted and increase them all.
Linda and I got back to Federal Way safely around 9 P.M.
J plans to sign an ROI (release of information) so that the hospital can contact me once she is done with detox. Once done with detox, she will enter into an outpatient program and likely stay with her mother and daughter in Olympia.

Comments
Post a Comment